1. The Hay Adams Hotel: I love this hotel. The decor is so beautiful and classic and the rooms are comfortable and inviting. The bed here is heavenly! The best part is that they leave you a little gift on your pillow each night. Not just chocolates, but cute little bottles of foot scrub or eye cream. It was like getting a little present each night. Things like that make me happy.:) It is in the perfect central location for sightseeing, located right across the street from the White House. Your hotel room could even have a White House view. This is the quintessential Washington D.C. hotel.
2. Filomena: This restaurant has the best Italian food we've ever eaten. Words cannot describe the deliciousness. It is a favorite among celebrities and politicians too, the menu is filled with names of famous patrons. You can try a favorite dish from U2's Bono or a former U.S. President. You won't leave disappointed.
3. Nationals Baseball Park: If you're a baseball fan like we are, catching a DC Nationals' game is a must.
4. Segway Tour: We've done the Segway tour several times and continue to love it. It's a great way to see all of the monuments. If you're visiting DC with a teenager, trust me, this is a must. If the idea of driving a Segway overwhelms you, don't worry. If I can drive a Segway, anyone can drive a Segway. No athleticism or coordination is required.
5. Ben's Chili Bowl: This has been a DC Institution for over 50 years. Yummy burgers, chili dogs, cheese fries, you know, all that healthy stuff. :) Lot's of history here and such a friendly staff and unique atmosphere. Whenever we've been here the daughter-in-law of Ben himself is here mingling among the tables and taking pictures with diners. It's not only delicious, but a fun experience.